Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to get the top off a Kodak Pony II? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » How to get the top off a Kodak Pony II? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Grant

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been on a quest to have a fully functional Kodak Pony II (Don't ask me why, I can't even answer this question for myself :)
and have had problems with three specimens, with the worst problem being a double exposure prevention system that tends to jam (preventing SINGLE exposures) or produces a great deal of friction (a big problem since the shutter is fixed at about 1/40th second).
Getting the top cover off of other Ponies is simple (remove the knob(s) by removing the slotted screws that attach them, then remove the phillips screws under them), but the knobs on the II have solid tops. Getting the rewind knob is easy enough (just keep the rewind shaft in place the turn the knob to unscrew), but the wind knob seems to be completely non-removable, and is blocking my access to the screw clearly visible behind it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there a name disc in the center of the wind knob? Maybe it has to be uncemented to allow access the the screw holding the knob. Try putting a few drops of lacquer thinner at the edge of the disc so it will run under the disc and use a small screwdriver to gently lift the disc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration