Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter speed selector on Nikkormat FS Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Shutter speed selector on Nikkormat FS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Uri_ba

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have a Nikkormat FS (7405172).
I this model the sutter speed selector is a ring on the lens mount..

few years ago the ring started "sliding".
It rotates and changes sutter speed, but the don't mach the lable.. meaning, now the "B" is at the 15 mark tommorow it can be on the 125 mark..

In my opinion it's a broken pin or something like that..

how can I open the body to see what is going in there...

I took it to a repair shop once and he told me to throw it becase fixing it will cost more then buying a new one.. But it was my first camera - I just couldn't...

Thanks,
Uri
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Uri_ba

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 07:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I've managed to open up part of the body,
The shutter control is a dial that turns a wheel that turns something inside the camera..

I couldn't remove the front plate because I need to remove the top plate first - I couldn't do that because I didn't have the right screwdriver to open the screw holding wind lever under the bottom plate..

I've managed to play arround with is - It seems that the B favorites the 15 mark.. and it's doing fine as long as I don't pass the 250 mark (1/8).
when I cound notches down it skippes the 8 and then has settings at 4,2,1 and B assuming 1000,500,250,125.

maybe there's a few broken teeth on the little wheel that been rotated be the dial from the inside..

Ideas?
Thanks'
Uri

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration