Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Coupled Meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentax Coupled Meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Roberts

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,
I have a Pentax coupled exposure meter as supplied for the S2, S1a, etc.. It's the later squared off type and whilst it fundamentally works, it's a bit adrift, particularly on the low-light range. I haven't taken it apart yet, but thought I'd seek advice from anyone who has experience of these before I do. Any useful comments or advice, please?
Steve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Willis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steve ...

In Macro mode I use my Nikon Coolpix 950 as a pictorial note-taker and retain all in archives.
But when something is so intuitively straight-forward I don't bother with any notes at all. This has been the case with no less than three of the Pentax Meter models which you cite.

I just cannot call up a mental picture of the inside details but they are quite simplistic (albeit beautifully
designed and engineered).
I am almost certain there is at least one trim-pot inside.

On the last such meter which I attacked I do recall very expressly that there are several silver-plated high tensile copper alloy contacts in there - and as typical with mercury battery powered devices, they were showing abundant surface corrosion. When cleaned up, the high resistances were banished and the meter restored instantly to full working accuracy.

You might choose to open it up to explore - or if a little doubtful as to your abilities - then live with what you have determined an error - and compensate for it.

Best

Stuart Willis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration