Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta 7000 - chess on the negative Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta 7000 - chess on the negative « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

photoman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello friends.

I have problems with Minolta 7000 shutter.
When I take pictures all seems to be ok,
but there are frames on the negative that are not exposed. I think that shutter some times is jamming.
Exposed pictures are looking fine.
The batteries are new.
So I think my problem is the release magnet.
I'll be very happy and thankfull if somebody could advice me what to do.
Some charts of body assemble could help me too.

Thank you, Photoman :)

Ezio

Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll suggest the very first thing is to check whether, and if so under which conditions, the shutter gets jammed. Open the back, point the camera towards a bright light source, cycle it through all the combinations of times and apertures, and check for any possible pattern (e.g. the shutter do not open at speeds above 1/250, or it does not open every third exposure, or...). This would give you a better starting point to try and understand WIHIH.

photoman

Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Ezio.
Whether conditions are indoor photography. All pictures taken on 1/100 with flash.
The shutter really is not opening after every third or fourth exposure.
The pictures that are taken, all are in correct exposure and sharp.
Do I have to oil something? Or try cleaning some contacts or release magnet?
Some assemble charts could be helpfull.

rick

Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i suppose this is a dumb question, but... is it possible that the flash failed to fire on the blank exposures?

:)=

photoman

Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Rick, the flash did not fail. It fired every time, I saw that. Even if it failed, something should appear on the negative, but it's totally blank.
I'm sure it's shutter mechanism.
I would like to know what fails shutter to fire. What could it be?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration