Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit 12XP Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Zenit 12XP Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe Payne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 02:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I found your website and was wondering if you could help me with a problem
my girlfriend is having. Her Zenith 12X, when you press the shutter, does
not 'click' as you would expect, and the viewfinder suddenly becomes
extremely dark until you wind on the film. I'm not sure if this is a
common problem or anything, so I hope you can answer...

Cheers.

photoman

Posted on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Joe.

I have Zenit TTL (same as 12XP).
There is film rewind knob on the shutter release button.
Make sure it's mark on the left side. If it's on the right so this is film rewind position in that the shutter will not fire. Try turning it left, or from left to right and back.
If it doesn't help, it's possible the problem is in the shutter. This shutter has few parts from plastic that should ensure smoothness of movement, it's possible the parts are worn.

Andrea Ingram

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 06:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem with my zenit 12. The little metal thing on top of the shutter button haas come off the plastic shaft. Is it possible to push this back on? and should i glue it?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration