Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE jammed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon FE jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Melanie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 05:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon FE and the film won't advance. The lever won't extend past halfway. I've tried changing the setting to M90 and B but it won't release it. I really don't want to bring it into a repair shop for what I am sure is a simple problem to correct. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mickey

Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on my Nikon FE2, have you found the cause of this problem on yours yet?

Mickey

Tung

Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also have a FE2 that has this problem. You have to open the base plate of the camera (3 screws). After that, try to wind the film advance lever and you should be able to notice that there is another "cam" that is trying to block the advancing knob. Now just move the cam clear of the knob and your problem will be solved.

Marc

Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OMG, That worked!!!!! I have fixed my FE2 in 2 mins. Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration