Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 sp help needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus 35 sp help needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobby Haryanto

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi guys sory to jump in, i'm new to this forum and i've been desperately trying to solve the same problem. i've manage to disassemble from the front by removing the front lenses and then the shutter mechanism but i can't reach the shutter blades, it seems that i have to reach from the back, but, i don't know if i've miss something. to reach the mechaism from the back i have to remove the focusing ring (the metal one), but, i don't know how to remove it, anybody know how to do it?

would it be help if i send you the disassembled photos of the mechanism? and where to send it?

thank you in advance

regards
bobby

Winfried

Posted on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In many cases it is not necessary to disassemble the shutter completely to clean the blades. However, if you want to do so you will have to remove the complete front assembly of the camera first. Peel off the leatherette and remove four corner screws of the front panel. Then remove the rear lens elements. There should be a retainer ring around the shutter collar which holds it to the focussing helicoid, take it off and separate the shutter from the helicoid.

I never disassembled such a shutter completely so I can't give you any further hints. But again, I don't think all this will be necessary.

Bobby Haryanto

Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 05:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks winfried the shutter is fine now thanks to you i manage to locate the retainer ring, it was soo thin that i missed to notice it in the first place, the bldes were stuck by dust and the spring is broken, i've replace it using scrap i can find from my junk. thanks alot

regards
bobby

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration