Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FR exposimeter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica FR exposimeter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrea

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I have another small problem with my "new" Yashica FR:
I checked exposimeter by comparing its values with two other camera (a Yashica FX-3 and a Pentax MX): the FR one generrally indicates the correct exposure at an inferior value than the values indicated by the other two cameras (for example it indicates 1/125 sec at f/5.6 when the other two cameras indicate 1/125 sec at f/4) when I setted the same value for ASA speed film and I pointed the same object (a floor and a white paper). Is there a way for correcting this fact? Let me know!! Very very thanks a lot, Andrea.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andrea,

It is quite common when different cameras indicate slight variations in exposure. This is due to different colour sensitivities of the meters, different angles of acceptance, different light transmissions of the lenses etc. etc. There are actually quite a few variables between 'identical' cameras.

There is of course always the possibilty that your FR is out of adjustment, but I feel the discrepancy is simply due to the differences between the cameras that you are testing.

Good luck,

Jan

Andrea

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, also I thought a similar concept. But I tried to see the same area with the same color with three different cameras: the first two gave me a really similar value, and the "FR" gave me a difference of an entire STOP. I think that one stop is significantly more than tolerances, don't you think? Expecially with positive films! I also tried vith different subjects (a floor, a bright white paper, a brown table), with the same difference between the FR compared with the other two cameras...

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andrea,

Have you actually tried a roll of film with the FR? If the results really look underexposed by 1 stop, I suggest that you simply compensate for it by adjusting the ASA dial.

Instead of comparing meters of different cameras, just shoot a test roll with the FR.

Good luck,

Jan

Robert

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One stop is in tolerance for amature cameras.

Andrea

Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! I tried a roll of "chrome" (Can't translatye it correctly in English, it's a positive roll used for color slides) and my camera produced correct exposed photos only when I shoot overexposing by one stop. I can keep the faulty camera and compensating this error from ASA control, but I'm thinking to sell this camera because I bought a Yashica FX-3 which is lighter!
I 'd try to correct the exposimeter settings if it was not a complicated operation.
Does anyone know what to do, or if there's some documentation online?
Thanks to all of you and happy new year,
Andrea.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration