Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Film Advance (Rollei 35S) Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Film Advance (Rollei 35S) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Niki

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

The film advance on my Rollei 35S cocks one stroke per frame w/o film. But with film loaded in the chamber, sometimes it needs to be advanced 2x for each frame. It feels like the gear is not catching at the beginning of the stroke.

Anyone has any idea why it's acting this way and how to fix it?

Reiner

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this issue from several Rollei 35 I have and had. But usually there is no difference between loaded film and w/o film. Sometimes it happens every frame and sometimes it happens only seldom.

To fix it you have to open the camera top. That is quite tricky. Please look it up in other postings. But I could answer als well if necessary. Under the top is a big wheel which transmits the lever stroke to the internal gearing. The big wheel and the next wheel have to be very carefully aligned to provide a problemless film transport. It might take many tries to achive that.

Niki

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've previously removed the top cover to fix a wire connection to the CDS sensor, so I can do that. May be somewhere along the way, I moved the gear/wheel off its position.

Can you please explain how to align the wheel in more detail?

Thanks!
Niki

Reiner

Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunately I do not know exactly how to do that. It is allways a process of severeal tries and retries for me. You must make shure that the second wheel has a bit of tension to return the advance lever. The first wheel has two stops. You habe to align it in a way that it allows the advance lever to do a full swing. But these two conditions do not describe it sufficiently. There is still the chance that it is one or two cogs (right?) off. In this case you might get theses problems. I myself have still some Rolleis left with this issue. It is allways in the suite of an self made repair of something else (f. ex. light meter or sticky shutter).

Niki

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks... I'll try to figure it out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration