Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

SX-70 troubleshooting Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » SX-70 troubleshooting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JIM

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have a dead sx-70. Need some sort of info on how to start looking for the problem. This is one of the common tan covered variety. Found one website with disassembly info, but that seems pointless until I have some reason to do it.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim,

You probably know this - the SX-70 gets its power from the film pack. Are you testing the camera with film?

Jan

Michael

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a SX 70 black cover... i tried testing it with film, but no dice. I hit the button and nothing happens. Any advice? besides scrapping it.

Bruce

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 06:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Assuming the battery in the pack is good, you can try cleaning the camera/battery contacts. Release the front and look in the opening. About 2/3 of the way back, on the floor of the body, you will see 2 contact straps (about 1 inch in from the side and separated by about an inch .... they line up with the foil contacts on the film pack). Clean them with a pencil eraser.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration