Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax P3n exposure counter won't mov... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentax P3n exposure counter won't move... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mac Hayes

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just now received an eBay as-is Pentax P3n, and can't get the exposure counter to move off of 36. The tab on previous Pentaxes that pokes into the body hole is almost nonexistent on this camera. The "thing in the hole" was sticking out slightly, like it might have been activated by a 1/32" movement when closing the door, so I poked gently at the "thing in the hole." It moved in and now stays there- the counter still on 36. I have tried two rolls of film, advancing each to what should be the 5th or 6th frame and still no counter movement. There was (is?) another P3 on eBay that is advertised as "stuck exposure counter." Is this a common problem with this model? The electronics and cosmetics of my P3 are great- like new, but I would like to count the exposures instead of having to guess. I was just checking the archives and found no mentions of the P3, but plenty of comments on the can of worms in Nikon FEs and EMs, so I'd almost live with the problem rather than pull off the top, if it will not be a simple fix.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Henry

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know the counters on M-series tend to fail easily. The little spring slips off or breaks. A P3 might be similar. If so it is a fairly easy fix...only the top cover need be removed.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration