Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

T80 service manual Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » T80 service manual « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Purvis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know where I can download a service manual or any kind of service info for the canon T80 camera as it seems to have been a limited production.

MrNov

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dont know where you can down load a service guide but I have repaired a few of these, whats the problem??

Andy

Alan Purvis

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 02:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When the camera is switched on the display shows ISO400 and wont change.If the shutter release is pressed it clicks once ,it's as though the cpu is confused.The only other indicator that works is the battery check accompanied by a series of clicks and it also doesn't wind the film on.
Although I am electronics trained I am not a camera tech so I would appreciate any info.
Thanks

MrNov

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the problem is probable the a dirty mirror box magnet, I dont know any short cuts to clean it, only by removing the mirror box, quite straight forward if you fancy having a go

Andy

Alan Purvis

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tip,I shall. I will let you know how I get on.
Alan

Nathan Gregory

Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My T80 is doing the same thing. However, I am not exactly clear on what you mean by "removing the mirror box". I removed the cover (the part that says T80 in big letters) and am looking at removing the cast frame that holds the lens (well, holds the chrome frame that holds the lens) and in general am examining the mirror mechanism, etc. I'm not quite groking the "mirror box magnet" or finding anything that doesn't move easily or show evidence of needing to be cleaned. Can you elaborate a wee bit more?
Thanks,
Nathan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration