Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi Matic 7 overhaul Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta Hi Matic 7 overhaul « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Clarke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I have a minolta hi-matic 7 I have been re-working. I was able to un lock the camera, and have got that working. But when I press the shutter release, the shutter does not open. I took the bottom plate off, and it looks like the lever that cocks the shutter is working correctly.

Can anyone advise how to fix the shutter?

thanks

Jackson

Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It may be stuck due to grease that has migrated onto the shutter blades. The grease creates a "stiction" effect between the blades, preventing them from moving. The problem is made worse when the camera is stored.

The trick is to break the shutter blades free without damage. Once you've done that, the shutter can be cleaned with naptha (lighter fluid) as described in other posts in this forum.

What usually works for me is to cock and fire the shutter release, then tap the front of the shutter blades lightly with the back end of a smooth, round (plastic) screwdriver handle. The rounded handle prevents the blades from biting into the tool when they break free, open, and close again.

Good luck!

Haris

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a minolta himatic 7sll, the problem is the glass of its front little window of the viewfinder just above the lens has fallen inside when I tried to clean it and now its allowing dust to move in.Tell me is it safe to open the the camera without damaging anything.I mean is it just opening the screws only.
tell me how to clean the lenses and glasses inside.

Winfried

Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 05:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's not difficult to remove the top cover, and there is hardly any risk of damaging anything if you don't touch the meter needle. You can reglue the viewfinder glass with epoxy glue or superglue. DO NOT try to clean the eyepiece surface of the semi-transparent mirror next to the eyepiece. I found that moistened cleaning paper for eyeglasses works best on viewfinder parts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration