Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Which Lubricant? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Which Lubricant? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Len

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2004 - 04:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I'm very new to camera repairs and have a couple of Yashica mat TLR cameras which I'm trying to service. I'm ok with the mechanics and thanks to this forum found a lot of help about how things work. What I would like to know is what lubricants and cleaners I should use so I would be grateful is someone could answer the following.

1.What should be used to clean the lens to remove dirt and grease?

2. Should I clean the winding gears, and what lubricant if any should be used?

3. The focusing mechanism seems to have a lot of 'greasy gunk' on it how should I remove this and what should I use to re-grease this?

4. Should I use anything on the shutter or Iris, if so what?

5. Is there anything like 'back camera touch-up paint'?

Thanks.

Regards,
Len
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/3/3525.html?1099956855

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration