Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Getting to the diaphragm in a Fujica ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Getting to the diaphragm in a Fujica 35-ee (syncro MXL shutter) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Walsh

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diaphragm not opening past f11 and slow moving at smaller appertures. Can't find any repair guides so went in from the front. Idea being to flood clean with shutter on B. Anyway can't get second element off - seems held in with a stepped black ring with no obvious way off. Going in from behind looks tight - am I beter off working out how to remove lens completely?

thanks

Howard

Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Paul,
The front should screw out as a complete cell giving you access to the shutter blades etc. You need to use a friction tool on the inner chrome ring that the filters screw into.
From my experience they are usually not too tight,
Good luck
Howard

Stuart Willis

Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just keep my ID handy in case you end up needeing any bits and pieces. I have a junker of this model.

Gotta tellya - the entire mechanism is a nightmare and I don't fancy your chances.
The model is not really worth the labour input.

Best

Stuart Willis
[email protected],net.au

Howard

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 06:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a little encouragement. I have had some very nice results from mine and the shutters in these cameras seem to be very accurate and robust. The aperture though can be a bit tricky. Check to see the the needle trap mechanism is not part of the problem. You can adjust this externally if you remove the small coverplate on the camera's end just near the meter window. I use a couple of sewing needles held in a pair of pliars to remove this. There is and accessible adjusting screw once this cover plate disk is removed. The meter still works in one of mine but the other is purely manual. If you remove the top cover the screw is easily accessible.
For a friction tool I simply glued a piece of old bicycle tube to a bottle of the right diameter (approx 38mm)
Hang in there.
Howard

Terry Griffin

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure if this helped Paul but it sure helped me! Thanks Howard!
Terry

Howard

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Terry,
I'm glad the info was of use.
Regards
Howard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration