Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujinon 55/2.2 M42 sticky aperture Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Fujinon 55/2.2 M42 sticky aperture « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I have a mint Fujinon 55/2.2 screw mount lens with sticky aperture due to (I guess) years of sitting around. I diassembled the lens but cannot diasemble the chamber/barrell that holds the aperture blades so that I can clean the area. The blades are dry so I dont think they cause the problem. Can someone help me with this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Willis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2004 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The blades may be clean but the activator ring is probably sticky with congealed grease,
If you have all the optics removed - then you can flood clean the iris mechanism with pure petroleum spirit - and exercise it. Be careful not to get the fluid into the focusing helix - otherwise it will thin the helix grease and you end up with a sloppy focusing ring.

The other possibility is in the auto-aperture-drive mechanism as to be seen when you remove the bayonet end of the lens.

Caveat with this lens.
The front end rings are plastic and are prone to cracking. Handle with care.

Stuart Willis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration