Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35DC light seals Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus 35DC light seals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kim

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 07:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone. I recently bought a nice Oly 35DC but it needs a bit of TLC. The light seals are generally a soft gooey mess! I am quite happy replacing these but I need some help with the layout/thicknesses. The seal at the hinge end is obvious as are the seals on the top and bottom of the rear door. Unfortunately the seals at the latch end of the rear door are so far gone, it is difficult to see what the layout should be. Can anyone supply the details or point me in the right place. If you can supply a jpeg of the area of a camera with good seals, it would be wonderful.

charlie stobbs

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 08:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also have a recently purchased DC. The seals appear to be entirely on the door; top edge, botom edge, hinge end, and latch end (with cutouts for latch and closed cover lever on top edge). If I can get a decent picture later today I'll send it along.

Kim

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks. On mine, the seal at the hinge end is on the body not the door. It's the arrangement on the latch end that puzzles me. It would appear that there is one seal about 10mm (3/8") which is on the back of the door and perhaps another piece half way up the side on a ledge. Does yours look like this and any guess to the thicknesses would be appreciated.

Do you need scans of the instruction manual?

Regards
Kim

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Charlie and Kim,

I am sure that I am jumping the gun here, since a member of this board - Jon Goodman will surely respond. He has a superb selection of replacement light seal kits, precisely cut for each particular camera. The kits come with detailed instructions. Do a search on eBay for seller's ID 'interslice'.

Good luck,

Jan

Kim

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 04:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jan,
I have already been in contact with Jon and he is not sure of the layout. However, I am using his seal kit and IMHO it is by far the best and most comprehensive on the market and probably the most reasonab;y priced too! The matter is also complicated by the fact that I have found that there are 2 versions of the DC with different seal layouts. Mine is the earlier version with the batt check next to the finder. The later version had the Batt check on the base of the camera and has an additional metal plate on the back door which means you need one less seal.

Regards
Kim

Kim

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 04:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,
Further to my last post, the extra metal plate is clearly visible in the manual listed elsewhere on this site. If anyone has the older version and needs scans of the manual, I can supply them.
Regards
Kim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration