Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic 7S focusing problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta Hi-Matic 7S focusing problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Dvorak

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Hi-Matic 7S focusing mount seems to 'slip' and not take the lens assembly with it when focusing. I have removed the focusing scale strip and checked all the set screws underneath - all is tight. The focusing ring sometimes engages, sometimes not. Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jan

Winfried

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe the link between the internal part of the focussing ring and the helical is loose. The focussing ring is attached to the latter by some screws running in long slots.

To get access to these you have to separate the lens barrel from the helical. If I am not mistaken, to reach the rear shutter retaining ring you first have to disassemble the camera front panel. There is a small window in the latter allowing for unhooking a tension spring of the AE mechanism.

BTW the srews mentioned are sometimes also responsible for wobbly lenses on these cameras since their heads press into their brass seats and get some play (thanks for the guy who told me this long ago on this forum).

The Hi-Matic 7//s are not easy to repair due to the non-service friendly arrangement of their components.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Winfried.

That is what I was afraid of - removing the front panel. I have been there before, on another 7S and did not particularly enjoy it. As I recall though, that original repair was succesful even if I don't remember any more what the problem was.....

Kind regards,

Jan

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I finally sat down to attempt the removal of the front panel. I removed the four screws, unhooked the tension spring, but still cannot remove the panel. It is hanging up on something and I cannot figure out what...

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration