Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F1 and T90 , two problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon F1 and T90 , two problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jcarles

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 01:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone!
(1)My T90 is giving me some problems.When shooting at low speeds (under 1/60), the EEE/HELP appears. even with brand new batteries. I just can shoot again if I reset batteries and shot once or twice on continuos mode. Thata allows me to turn to single mode and shot normally for a time. Do you think that is the famous shutter release magnet sticking problem? is a "home-made" repair possible?
(2)I noticed my F1N light meter overreads ambient light. That is, if I measure light on any situation with T90 and F1N (same ISO,lens and shutter speed and subject) the F1N shows a difference of 2 to 3 f stops over the measuerement with the T90. Obvoiusly, the F1N resulting image is overexposed. What happens with the F1N? possible repair/adjust?
feel free to email me (better) or answer in the forum
thanks!

MrNov

Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes the T-90 problem is most deff down to the shutter magnets. I have been repaireding these for years and would not adivse a "home-made" repair. I have had to sort out many a "home-made" repair and it makes my job a lot harder.

Andy

Garshasebi

Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 07:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My N F-1 had same problem about 10 years ago in Japan(Light meter showed one F stop more),and simply I sent it to factory(canon)for adjustment and became very good.!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration