Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 GT non functional ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Electro 35 GT non functional electronics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ernesto

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gentlemen:
I have a Yashica Electro 35 GT (finish is matt black paint instead of satin chrome) whose electronics do not work. The battery is new, the Batt check bulb lights OK but no indication of over or under exposure, nor any shutter action. Mechanically it seems to be OK (it works at a fixed speed after cocking and releasing it) but the electronic timing circuit does not operate. Can any of you tell me where can I obtain the electronic schematics and/or information about how to check and repair it? Any information and/or help will be highly appreciated!! Thank You.
Ernesto J. L´Episcopo

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roger Provins has taken the task of publishing the schematics plus check instructions on his page:

http://www.provins.org.uk/

Jackson

Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I remember correctly, the "pad of death" can cause this. There should be a "thunk" sound each time you wind the film advance before firing the shutter. If not, the pad has failed. Check here:

Electro 35 Repairs

Winfried

Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The 'pad of death' will cause erratic indicators, or wrong speed setting despite of correct indicators, but the indicators (or at least one of them) should show up even if the pad is missing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration