Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-40 and mirror problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus OM-40 and mirror problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fero Novak

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 06:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I would like to ask you for your help.

I have changed the batteries for my Olympus
OM-40 for the wrong one (flat batteries) and didnt realize that. I took the picture (bulb mode without metering) and mirror slapped for bulb.

The problem is that it does not want to slap back to default position. I have found this in Q&A in manual :

Q: The mirror does not spring back.
A: Check the batteries. If the batteries are in good condition, and in case the mirror should not spring back or the shutter should not close, the safety mechanism will operate to return them to their original position.

but it does not work for me.

Please can you help me what to do to return mirror back to normal position.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Fero Novak

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration