Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minox 35 and dried out capacitors. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minox 35 and dried out capacitors. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Warren Yee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been trying to find out what the heck are the values of the capacitors inside a GL or PL or any of the others. Or if anyone has an idea of how to read the marks on the capacitors. I've noted for example : Yellow, tan or pink?, orange, orange with a blue body.
The PL's problem is that I have to set the ISO to 25 just so I can shoot 400 ISO film.

Anyone know this problem well?

paul ron

Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check this out? I found a conversation where someone recomends a value for the part you are looking for....

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003pA3

Warren Yee

Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I've seen the mention of "Minox 35 GT, this is a 100uF 10V capacitor". Thanks. Did you notice there is no mention of which capacitor or how it is marked. The PL for example is different than the GL, but some capacitors looke the same with color stripes and so on. I've tried looking up the type of capacitor up and down the WWW, but few info out there. It is just as difficult to find the schematics of the circuits for each model.

miles

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reading the colours on capacitors is not easy. Try google and try "colour" and "color". I always would measure the capacitors, but then I never fixed electronics I just built a few items. See,
http://www.pmel.org/HandBook/HBpage26.htm
which is it pretty clear, but hardly complete. Note, often, you read from the end colour that is nearest to a terminal.

If there are two capacitors so marked, see if you can measure one to determine the value of the other.

BTW, why are you so sure this capacitor, (yellow, pink, orange, orange) is your problem? [rhetorical question. ]

Finally, unsolder the capacitor and take it to a good electronics supply house, and ask for "one of these".

If

Warren Yee

Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your suggestions.

My capacitor theory is a starting point.

I really don't know for sure.

Based on the mentioned symptoms do you have a
theory or solution?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration