Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Super Isolette release button st... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Agfa Super Isolette release button sticky « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Terry Scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Agfa Super Isolette (120 folder, 1950s) in great condition and good working order - except for the fact the shutter button takes its time to come up after a shot. Has anyone an idea what might be causing this? The trouble doesn't appear to be in the shutter housing or in the immediate linkage but is either within the top-plate or n the area immediately following the button.

charlie stobbs

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 06:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a guess, how much of the linkage between the shutter housing and the top of the camera can you see and/or push on (gently). Is it bent or is it binding in the visible ections?

Terry Scott

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a tight fit in there and, of course, I'm careful about the bellows. There are two springs on the camera's r.h.s. (one of which is duplicated on the l.h.s. - tension on the front flap). The smaller seems to be to do with the release mechanism. Anyway, nothing at all that is visible appears to be bent or binding. I imagine, so far at least, that it's old age. Probably needs a gentle clean.

charlie stobbs

Posted on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have film in mine so I can't open it up at this time but another possibility is that the bushing in the top cover where the release comes through may be binding and a little grease where the shaft comes through may offer improvement. Anything to avoid opening the cover.

Terry Scott

Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a thought but I have a gut feeling there's something going on inside the cover area. Or maybe the smaller spring on the r.h.s., next the bellows, has weakened.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration