Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35sp lens removal. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus 35sp lens removal. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Azazello

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, could anyone tell me if there's anything keeping the frontplate in other than the four screws I just removed? Will I have to remove the top plate as well?

Much appreciated friends.

Andrew in Austin

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Henry was kind enough to write a tutorial regarding the removal and cleaning of the 35RD shutter. You can see it by clicking on the Camera Articles section over on the left hand column.

Azazello

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's pretty helpful, only I need to get into the rear lens cell to COMBAT some fungus. I actually removed the top plate (neccessary) and have the frontplate out but am having difficulty working out where exactly to release the lens from this plate so i can get to the lens elements.

Steve

Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get to the aperture blades on the 35sp.

Azazello

Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Afraid not steve, I'm just leaving the camera and hoping. If you find anything out, do tell.

Jesse

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a nice SP with stuck shutter. Does Sp structure the same way as RD? anyone can tell?

Winfried

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 04:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The 35SP does not have a proprietary shutter (i.e. made by Olympus), it uses a Copal shutter (which btw was used in very similar configuration on the Hi-Matic7). Going into the lens from the front is somewhat easier than on the 35RD. I am not sure if that applies to all 35SP's but on most the name plate ring is just glued into place. Pry it off and lift it. The rest of work (front lens cell removal etc) is quite straightforward.

Jesse

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 06:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Winfried. It sounds that I need to try some mechanical work now. Hope my first job will done quickly. Thanks again.

Jesse

Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Wenfried, my SP is cured. The self-time screw is loosen and its spring stuck the shutter half way. Now eveything is fine, the shutter and the timer. BTW, the lense plate is gued to the front and litte drop of alcohol to the glue will save you lots of time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration