Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canolite D flash, won't flash.?? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canolite D flash, won't flash.?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 09:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Canolite D flash, I put in new batteries and the ready lite comes on and lites but the flash will not flash...I have tried it on 2 different Canon QL17 cameras but it will not flash.
I would appreciate some guidance as to what I should be checking or looking into..?? Is there something inside the flash unit that I should check.?

charlie stobbs

Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a suggestion, I am not an expert. Are you sure the Canon shutters are actually opening? And have you tried turning it on and shorting the two contacts on the bottom with a paper clip or piece of wire?

Ken

Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Charlie
Yes, I am sure the shutters are opening on the QL17's but the flash will not fire. I tried shorting across the contacts on the bottom as you suggested but it still does not fire. The ready lite is on but nothing happens.
Ken

Rob

Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have found that if you take the flash apart
there are some litte metal pieces that contact
the flash pins and get dirty not making good
contact. Clean that area and see what happens.
Let the flash sit for a day to discharge the
capacitor so you wont get shocked.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration