Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lynx 14 rangefinder focus alignment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Lynx 14 rangefinder focus alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Shelasky

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Got a Lynx 14 recently. When holding the camera horizontaly and focusing, The 2 images in the focus spot line up side to side, but one image is floating above the other. Can I fix this using the small screws where the flash sits? If not, any help would be aprreciated. Thanks. Hope my description of the problem makes sense. Paul

Werner J. Becker

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will have to do RF adjustment as soon as camera restoration and test roll are through; but there are no screws on mine "where the flash sits". AFAIK one has to remove the top cover to have access to alignment screws.
I find useful what I saw on the net: daniel.mitchell.name/index.html (about Lynx 5000, including very useful pics).

Paul Shelasky

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for responding. Actually, if you look at the hot shoe there is a protective metal plate covering the screws I spoke of. Use a flat head screwdriver to push in the direction away from the lens and you'll see them. The 5000 is the same way. I havent tried turning the screws yet but read this on Yashica Guy.com Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Paul

Paul

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Werner, I checked out your link and Yashica Guy again. I stand corrected, this repair stuff is new to me. The screws I spoke of are for adjusting focus at infinity. I'll read on. Thanks

Winfried

Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am currently adjusting the rangefinder on my Lynx14E after swapping the half-silvered mirror. There seem to be two points of adjustment: one screw close to the right (fully silvered) mirror, and one on the left between the viewfinder entry lens and the half silvered mirror. Both affect inf adjustment and linearity, and after playing around with both adjustments for some time it seems that the screw on the right side rather adjusts linearity and the left one the inf focus.

There is also an adjustment on the silvered mirror base for vertical alignment. The small lens inside the viewfinder also can be adjusted vertically.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration