Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Autoreflex T and Konica FT rep... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica Autoreflex T and Konica FT repair questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken Peregoy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got two old cameras of my fathers - an FT and an Autoreflex T (can't remember if its a T or T2...I could figure it out but does it matter for this discussion?)

The T's meter has not been working for many years since a trip to europe.
The FT works fine except the film won't advance.

The lenses are the same mount, so I have a nice collection that would cost a fortune to replace if I were to just go with an up-to-date body. I've got access to a class-100 clean room and I've got a history of reviving electronics thought to be dead (starting with a U-matic editing system 20 years ago and includes a notebook that tumbled down a flight of stairs) as well as fine mechanical skills. So, I think I have the facilities, the skills, and the motivation.

Here's what's wrong:
The FT won't advance film. It sounds sick. I tried new batteries. I tried cleaning contacts. I have taken apart to the motor and everything seems in order as far as connections. Anyone seen anything like this in FT's?

The Autoreflex meter is sick. The needle is bottomed out and won't move. I suspect that the complex system of wires and pulleys has been bumped out of kilter.

Any positive advice, photos, etc would be appreciated.
Don't bother posting or e-mailing me if you just want to tell me that it's not worth it because I'll be pulling them apart with or without your negative feedback.

Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The weakest point of the Autoreflex A and T series is a plastic stud that holds the center contact into the battery box (you can check this by opening the battery box and see if the contact is missing or floppy). This is easy to fix in itself by drilling a hole and inserting a screw in place of the stud; the problem is getting to the top side of the battery box, which very unfortunately requires removal of the mirror cage in these cameras. I have sketches for this, as I've done the job multiple times. Actually, a cable being off a pulley or whatever would probably be an easier job as that stuff is mostly accessible from the top... so hopefully, maybe that's your problem.

I can't help with the FT.

: ) =

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration