Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya CWP Top Plate Disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mamiya CWP Top Plate Disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Turner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 'not so common' Mamiya CWP (early mid 60's 35mm SLR) with a very ratchety advance wind action and stiff ASA/shutter dial selector. The shutter still works fine on some speeds. Question: I'd like to remove the top plate and take a peek inside but there is no apparent way to loosen & disassemble the ASA/shutter speed dial; no visible screws even if dial is lifted up or spun around. Maybe the thin cap with shutter speeds needs to be spun off? I applied some naphtha and tried to spin it with a rubber stopper but no luck. The dial does not simply lift off with the top plate (like on a Fujica ST series SLR). The ASA/shutter dial attachment seems unique compared to the other early Mamiya SLRs I am familiar with. If anyone has experience repairing or collecting this and other early Mamiya 35mm SLRs (Prismats) I'd be very pleased if you could contact me via this forum or offline. This CWP unfortunately lacks its original M42 screw mount 58mm F1.7 lens and its meter bezel is missing but otherwise it looks pretty good.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration