Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voightlander vitomatic 2a RF adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Voightlander vitomatic 2a RF adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

r.welch

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all thanks to you all giving me the confidence to take my first camera apart.
The RF lens fell off in the summer and now I've managed to glue it back on. Ever since I got this camera a couple of years ago, the RF image has been a bit high... kinda "offset".
(the owner thought it was broken and it sat in it's case for about 30 years, I thought so too, didn't know you had to put a film in it to get the shutter to work. I even beat her down 5 euro's and got it for 20. Since then I have realised it was my luckiest day.)

So... the 2 screws on the RF that seem to adjust the setting. What do they do...? PHOTOS
In PICT0010 you can see the screws (with springs)
Do they actually adjust the range finder? If so, how do you calibrate it? And.. Would the "vertical" adjustment get rid of the slight "offset"..?

Thanks... and if anyone wants me to take some more pictures of the inside of the camera before I reassemble it, let me know.

http://uk,msnusers.com/voightlandervitomatic2a

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration