Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

ASAP ASAP Pentax Super Program Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » ASAP ASAP Pentax Super Program « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aaron Lewis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

recently, in rummaging through old things before a move, my father gave me, the photographer of the family, his old Pentax Super Program. The only problem is that the film advance lever does not, well, advance. it moves out to the stand off position, where it it partially away from the body, but it will not advance the film. does anyone have any insight as to why this is. i really need some answers ASAP!!! thanks

Ezio

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 04:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry if this sound obvious, but I assume you are sure that there is no fully exposed film inside the camera? Also, is the shutter cocked? What happens when you try to fire it?

James

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 06:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have batteries in the camera? It's electronic and needs electrical power to fire the shutter. Put some new batteries in it and see if it shoots and winds. The Super Program is a fine camera!

James

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PentaxSuperProgram/

Aaron Lewis

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heh, its cool thanks for the advice, lemme get back to you on that.at the risk of sounding dumb, or like i dont know anything about cameras, i was wondering if you saying that you cant advance the film unless you have the batteries, in? and no, btw, there isn any film in the camera. thanks though.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aaron,

You should be able to advance the film AND fire the shutter at the 1/125s and 'B' settings, without batteries. Those are default settings for the times when the batteries fail.

If you cannot advance the film and the shutter is cocked, try to set the camera to either of the above settings and than trip the shutter. If the shutter fires and you can advance the film, your problem are most probably the batteries.

Good luck,

Jan

Aaron Lewis

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help, but the shutter isnt cocked, and i just cant advance the film. any MORE suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help thus far.

Aaron Lewis

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay, so, i tried what you said Ms. Dvorak, and i have to say thank you because you saved me hundreds of dollars
it definitely work....LIFE SAVER. i cannot express how happy i am right now...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad to have helped, Aaron. You are not over the hill yet, put fresh batteries into the camera and check if it also works when set to Auto.

By the way, Jan is a Czech version of John and the last time I checked I was defintely a 'Mr.'

All the best,

Jan

Aaron Lewis

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

heh, sorry, MR. Dvorak. Yes, put fresh batteries in, and it works perfectly...thanks

James

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 02:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jan, the Super Program does not have any mechanical shutter speeds. It must have battery power to fire the shutter. As I understand it, the ME and ME Super do have a mechanical 125 and B, but not the Super Program.

James

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello James,

I am glad I assumed it did..... It seems to have fixed Aaron's problem.

Jan

James

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Jan,

Actually I think it was the fresh batteries that fixed Aaron's problem.

James

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just checked this fantastic site:
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/
and of course stand corrected - the Super Program indeed becomes deader than dead without batteries.

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration