Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtländer Vitomatic II rangefinder ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Voigtländer Vitomatic II rangefinder adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anders Skjeggestad

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Has anyone ever adjustet the rangefinder of a Vitomatic II?

I bought one off ebay which the seller claimed did not work, but it was just the lack of film that stopped the shutter from firing. However, the rangefinder is off both in the vertical and the horizontal.

I would highly appreciate any tips regarding how to fix this.

Best regards

R.Welch

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Anders, if you look at my message from a few days ago I have some photo's of the inside of the camera and the RF mechanism. The screws on the RF lens certainly change the position but I don't know if it de-calibrates the RF or not....
You need to check that the RF mechanism is not blocked by something first before you dismantle anything.
In any case you must remove the rewinder before you can get the prism out (the prism is held on by 2 screws next to the view finder) There is also a very small spring that pulls the RF back to the 1m mark. It's easier to see in a picture than an explanation. Let me know how you get on.

Anders Skjeggestad

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 04:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot.

After looking at the pictures you have posted, I think will try to disassemble the top and have a look.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration