Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM 10 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus OM 10 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking at an OM 10 to purchase but I have a question. How do you change the ISO/DIN film speed? Does the outer dial lift up and turn? I tried that but can't seem to get it off ISO 1600. Any comments on the OM 10, good or bad?

rick

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think you just lift and turn... i don't have an OM10 here to look at though.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you do lift and turn. Care has to be taken though, to align the 'Auto' setting after changing ASA, against the Auto index mark. The whole dial turns when changing the ASA and the settings do get changed.

It is not a very intuitive arrangement, but once learned, becomes easy. A manual and a ton of information is available here:

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/bodygroup/om10.htm

Good luck,

Jan

Harlee

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Jan - Recently returned from St. Petersburg where I found a great photo store with loads of used camera bodies and lenses. I'm still trying to find a lens for the Zenit I purchased from you, but I didn't have that body with me at the time. Perhaps next time. Harlee

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indeed a small world Harlee! I hope the Zenit is behaving itself in its new home....

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration