Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Blurry images with OM 10 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Blurry images with OM 10 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philipbourke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My OM 10 is produceing blurry images. This happened mid roll, I think it may be a problem with the mirror, it may have been dropped-not by me though-which caused it, Iøm not sure. In one image a branch was caught near the lens and this is in focus yet my focus point(as with everything else in the image), and every other picuture consequently, is blurred. I have used the lens with my OM 20 and it seems fine. Could the mirror be displaced?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, it could. look through the finder and focus on an object at a known distance (you could use the OM20 with the same lens to check the distance, and see what the distance setting says on the lens when it appears to be in focus on the OM10.

if the mirror did not come down all the way, the indication on the lens will be closer than the actual distance as indicated by the OM20. if it appears to be off, remove the lens, lift the front edge of the mirror with a finger tip and inspect the little ledge on the side wall that the mirror rests on when it's in the down position. these are not easily damaged, but it might have gotten some foreign material on it that would interfere with the mirror coming fully down.

if you do not find an obvious cause, or if the mirror is off in a downward direction (the indicated distance on the OM10 is farther than the actual measured distance), there is likely some damage to the system that would require a repair.

another possibility would be displacement of the focusing screen; this too would require professional attention.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration