Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Exa 500 frame counter removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Exa 500 frame counter removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Manuel

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an EXA 500 that is not working.The wind lever winds the film,sprocket and spool but does not cock the shutter.Removing the trim ring around frame counter,I can see three loose screws under the frame counter.I have tried screwing the frame setting knob in both directions,also removing the shaft of the take-up spool in the hope of gently prying up th frame counter and knob.Nothing worked.Any suggestions would be most welcomed.Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tony Duell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 04:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just added an Exa 500 to my collection, so I've had a chance to look at it.

To get the counter off, you first prise (pry) the ring around it that has the index mark off (I think this is the 'trim ring' you mention), it's lightly glued in place.

Then jam the counter dial at one edge with a screwdriver and unscrew the knob in the centre. There is no need to remove the leatherette disk from the middle. It's a normal RH thread, so it unscrews counterclockwise.

Then lift off the counter dial, it's got a D-shaped hole to key it to the end of the shaft.

You can now get to the screws that hold the winding lever in place.

Putting it back is actually easier because the ratchet for the counter prevents it turning when you screw the knob back in, you don't need to jam anything.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration