Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Scanning microfiche Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Scanning microfiche « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Henry

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got 30-40 National Camera / SPT microfiche I'd like to have scanned. Anyone here have a large capacity film scanner?

I have an old Photosmart 3in1 scanner: 35mm slides and film and 5x7 prints, but don't really want to cut the microfiche up to scan. And my flatbed isn't high enough resolution.

Henry

James

Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Henry, I went through this same scenario a while back. Luckily, I work for a newspaper and got to use their Minolta microfiche photocopier. I was able to scan each page of the microfiche and output it as a photocopy, then scan each page on my flatbed. It would have been nice to output to digital files saved to a CD-ROM, but this machine didn't have that capability.

Check with your local library or university to see if they have a similar machine you can use.

James

Henry

Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

James,

I did that with my Olympus Pen F & lenses fiche. But the fiche printer at the University was very expensive per sheet. And the one at the local library is even higher! That is when ALL the sheets were printed. I could nearly have bought one of the ebay ripoffs as cheap.

Nobody has a 4x5 inch scanner...or even medium format? There is probably close to a thousand pages. Lots of pages per fiche.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration