Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contina III Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Zeiss Ikon Contina III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob Holz

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good news, bad news. Good news... I got a Zeiss Ikon Contina on e-bay for $12.93 CDN. Bad news... The shutter is stuck open. The camera has a Prontor shutter with a Pantar lens. How do I open the shutter for cleaning?

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These notes are from a "ContinaMatic III", but I think it will be the same:

Remove the bayonet-mount front lens element. Remove the 3 screws you find under it, and lift off the front shutter trim. Lift off the shutter speed selector ring. Remove 4 screws from the lens mount flange, and lift the flange off. Lift off the shutter speed cam, watch out for the little detent thingie that clicks into notches in the speed cam.... you'll have to get this back into position at reassembly.

rick : ) =

Rob Holz

Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 02:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera turned out to be a false alarm. I pulled the shutter and lens assembly off, and I found that the assembly was mis installed. After playing around with it for about 15 minutes, I got it all working just fine without having to strip the shutter at all. It is crisp and smooth.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration