Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Jamned Shutter? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Jamned Shutter? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alaskanirish87
Tinkerer
Username: Alaskanirish87

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

alright, so I thought the lense was cracked.. but I think it's just the shutter. When I put film in it, it wont advance, and the shutter doesn't open when I try to take a picture. Is there some way to unjam it?

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 110

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This post might help:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/6901/3807.html?1105045339
- if you use the search facility to search for "Contina", there are a number of threads that may help. The Prontor, in its many variants, was a common shutter and a search should also track down some web pages with illustrated guides to opening one up. I've used them - they're good. One caveat - if focusing is by moving the whole lens assembly, it will be a different procedure to get into it than if focus is by moving the front element alone.

As for the lens, Googling suggests that the front element is interchangeable - if it's that that's cream-crackered you could drop one in if you found another Contina III.

Hope that helps - can't add anything more specific as I haven't worked on that model.

Just a thought - have you tried looking for a manual in case there is some kind of interlock on the wind/shutter mechanism? It's a good idea to check that it really is jammed before strting to dismantle!

Adrian

Alaskanirish87
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 04:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just going to look up the manual to see.. thanks for the advice

Alaskanirish87
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 04:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunetly.. I'm one of those people that needs to see pictures.. so that link doesn't help.. and the manual I found doesn't say anything except what I did to load the film and take a picture.. I guess I'll probably just have to take it in somewhere and see if they know. Thanks for the help

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration