Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 GX circuit diagram? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica Electro 35 GX circuit diagram? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Birnbaum
Tinkerer
Username: Birnbaum

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks,

has any of you ever seen a circuit/wiring diagram of the Yashica Electro GX? I'm looking for two very special things.

First, which is the timing capacitor?

Second, how is the "speed limiter" working which prevents the GX to use speeds longer than 1/30 sec when a flash is attached and switched on? I figured out so far that this limiter needs a flash trigger voltage of at least 5 volts to block the longer speeds.

Case is, I'm doing quite a lot of b/w low light work where it often would be nice to have a fixed 1/30 sec to prevent blur. Yashi GSN etc have this switch to manually set 1/30, originally meant for flash bulbs but GX has not.

Best rgds for any advice,

Robert

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 76

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope this helps

Electro circuit

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 96

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Image is too small to be of any use. (However, since I really have no idea how to post pictures to this site, afraid I can't be of more help here.) Post it on Flickr or some other photo-sharing site?

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 94

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This site limits the size of pictures you can post.

However, comparing the circuit in Aford's post to the one in the Electro 35 manual, I can't see any difference and I can't see anything that will automatically switch the shutter speed to 1/30th. The circuit does show the switch which allows manual selection of Flash or Bulb though. So maybe it's not a GX circuit at all. (Actually, looking closely, it looks like it says GS at the top not GX).

You can download the Electro 35 manual from http://www.scribd.com/doc/19302555/Yashica-Electro-35-Service-Manual. If you look at the circuit, C1 is the timing capacitor which is charged either through the CDS cell and parallel resistor, or through the fixed resistor R3. Not sure what the purpose of the Bulb Switch is though.

I'm not that familiar with the GX so can't help beyond that.

Birnbaum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tks Aford, but sorry to say that David is right - its a bit too small to be read properly. As you see, I'm completely new to the site, so don't know either how to post pics. maybee you could send it via mail?

rgs Robert

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 78

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought that said GS too. Hard to tell.

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 101

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Post the picture on a proper site (Flickr, Picassa, etc.), rather than screwing around with this forum software's ridiculous arbitrary size limitations. (Among a host of other flaws ...)

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 102

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Regarding this picture size issue: it seems that this picture (the circuit diagram) could have been posted at a larger size. The circuit image is 396 x 257 pixels. By comparison, this picture is 450 x 450, so we know that it's at least possible to post it at a larger size.

How, I don't know. Still better to use a real picture-posting site, which generally allow sizes up to 1024 x 768.

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 77

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Birnbaum
Sorry the circuit is so small but the larger ones got rejected. Send me a Private Message with your e-mail address and I will send you a readable circuit. The circuit is for the GS not the GX.
Regards - Alf

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 103

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I just confirmed that the maximum image size allowable is 450x450. In case anyone is wondering.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 95

Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, anyone listening?

As I said, this diagram is in the manual to which I've already posted a link.

But if this is the GS diagram, I don't think it helps as the GX obviously has some different functions.

And... the diagram Aford posted is also available at http://personal.inet.fi/koti/picnet/Y35G/schema1.jpg where it is much larger. But for the record, note that whoever drew this, got the diode backwards.

Birnbaum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 - 03:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tks to anyone for his replay!

Alf, I followed monopix' advice, and you both are right - the gs is another beast. it has a dedicated bulb flash switch which simply dials in a fixed resistor value, forcing the shutter to 1/30 sec. But the GX obviously has some kind of electronical switch trick ...

Rgds and have a nice week-end everybody,

Robert

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration