Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Disassemble Konica S2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Disassemble Konica S2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Meetimarco
Tinkerer
Username: Meetimarco

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 08:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just received my first Konica S2 today and it seems that my shutter blades are not functioning properly when film is loaded into the camera. I have read nearly everything in this forum about cleaning the shutters but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to take the camera apart. I have referred to feuerbacher.net but absolutely cannot figure out how to remove the name plate or the lens shade. Do I twist? Do I pop off? Any help?

-from a grad student with a fried brain

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 119

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check through the archives of this site:
Micromoogman posted Konica Auto S3 - Shutter and Aperture on Monday, July 11, 2011 for a start & see if you are ready to go.
Also typ in the Search topic under Guestbook:
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/18202.html
The Best Mike...

Meetimarco
Tinkerer
Username: Meetimarco

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have looked at those as well but they do not specifically say how to remove anything. Micromoogan shows that the name plate needs to be removed but I still don't understand how to go about that. I have tried twisting it off but with no success and I am very unsure about applying any more pressure in fear that I will break it all together. I am all very new to this.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 130

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 06:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The S2 has been covered many, many times in the forum...here's an article on the Auto S1.6, which has the same construction of the S2:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/konicaautos.html

You will see two slots on the lens retaining ring, 180° opposite each other. Use these slots to remove the ring, then follow the instructions from there.

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 120

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You will need to remove the spanner ring, which holds the front ID ring. You will have to remove the front & rear lens lens elements also. But first start with the top & bottom covers, then peel back the leatherette & remove the lens board as an assembly. Try & do this all with out damaging the meter movement. Then at some point you will have to remove the shutter assembly from the board for via another spanner ring usually on the back of the board maybe behind a light shield.
I tossed one of these shutter assemblies in the trash about ten or twelve years back that I had overhauled & was holding onto for my brothers camera. I didn't think the cameras were that popular & in the process of moving it went in the trash with the rest of the parts or got stolen, not sure.
Have you checked out any of the repair books? Check your local library our local one has three or more sitting on their shelves.
Good Luck Mike....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration