Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Motormatic 35F Pressure Plate Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak Motormatic 35F Pressure Plate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cactus
Tinkerer
Username: Cactus

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2011 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Newbie here has a Kodak Motormatic 35F that the pressure plate fell off of. It was held on with a foam strip that was glued to the film door and Pressure Plate. The Foam just disintegrated. Has anyone had this happen? Anyone know what thickness of foam I need to re-install this properly?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/jma2006_bucket/SDC11364.jpg

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 271

Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 - 08:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just measured mine, and an SD card fits loosely under the plate. The card is about 1.45 mm. I think 1 1/2 millimeters would be about right.

My Motormatic is entirely original. I can't guarantee that the foam hasn't shrunk and hardened, so if I were doing this myself, I think it might be good, especially if the foam is soft, to go a bit thicker, but I'm pretty sure if you end up with about 1.5 mm between plate and back, you'll be OK.

Cactus
Tinkerer
Username: Cactus

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank You for the info. Its just what I needed. I found a two sided adhesive tape at Walmart that is 1.9mm. I reattached the pressure plate and the film(test roll) does not seem to be tight when rewinding. I like to at least shoot 1 roll of film through a camera before I store it. Do you use yours? The film advance system on this camera seems awkward.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 141

Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a 35B that still has a functioning meter. Shot a roll of color, and one of b&w, and they both came out okay. The film advance on it isn't awkward as it is on yours, and I would suppose that is because it is much simpler than your wind-up model.

PF

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 272

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2011 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I shot one roll through mine, and it came out pretty well. A screw then came loose and the winding spring unraveled. I managed to fix that eventually, but have not used it since.

It's a pretty decent picture taker if the meter still works, and pretty amusing. It's one of those funky cameras that can get casual subjects smiling. As it happens, though, I have so many other old cameras clamoring for attention the poor little Motormatic doesn't get out much these days.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration