Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito - shutter realease s... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander Vito - shutter realease spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sapata
Tinkerer
Username: Sapata

Post Number: 22

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Just spent quite sometime bringing back to life a Voigtlander Vito I (the one with no sprockets) and it's almost ready, apart from a little spring that came out of the camera. The spring is what keeps the shutter release bar up everytime the camera is opened and without it won't open properly.

Does anyone have a diagram/picture to show me where I can put the spring back? I've looked everywhere but can't figure it out how...

Many thanks!

Bebop
Tinkerer
Username: Bebop

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is where the shutter spring goes on the door of a vito ii. Hope this helps.
This is where the shutter spring goes on the door of a vito ii.

Bebop
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 06:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another view of the door spring for the shutter on a vito ii.
Door spring for vito ii shutter.

Beepilot
Tinkerer
Username: Beepilot

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too have a Vito II in which this spring was found loose in the bottom of the front cover so I need to refit it. From the second picture and from looking at the camera it clearly visible where the bottom end of the spring goes i.e. the small hook on the bottom of the slide attached to the release bar. However I can't see where the other end fits so any help on this would be appreciated. Also is it possible albeit fiddly to fit the spring without disassembling the front end of the camera. I have just posted a separate item on a jammed shutter release on this camera in which I said I didn't think the spring was related to the problem but am I wrong on this. I have found that by jiggling some of the levers under the top plate the shutter release works but the front cover won't close and the exposure lock doesn't work. Are these symptoms related to the spring not being in place. Any help appreciated.Thanks - Roger

Bebop
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 05:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

spring attachment for shutter post
One end of the spring attaches to the hook to the left and the other end to a tiny hook on the door.
Beepilot - I'm not sure this will solve your problem. I have a couple of vito ii's, both are missing the spring and the shutter buttons still work. Does your vito have the prontor or compur shutter?. I've discovered the compur has an extra spring behind the shutter release on the lens but I don't know it's purpose.

Bebop
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 06:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

vito ii synchro compur shutter
Spring behind release on a vito ii Synchro Compur shutter.

Beepilot
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Bebop for the extra picture. I can now see where the other end of the spring attachs although I can't see that it's possible to reattach the spring without removing the lens/shutter assembly. You have also confirmed my view that this spring is most likely not to be the reason why the shutter release is jammed. My Vito has a Compur Rapid shutter but it doesn't have the second spring that you show although I can see the small hole where it would attach as per your picture. I don't know whether it should have the spring and if it is relevant to the jammed shutter release. I have not had any response to my other post specifically on the shutter release problem and in the absence of any other information I'm thinking I may not be able to solve the problem. Any other info would be appreciated from anyone who has resolved this particular problem with the Vito.

Bebop
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I can't be of more help, I did find another post that has a little more info on repairing the vito here
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/15681/12137.html?1209237336

Beepilot
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Bebop for the link. About the most useful info I have seen on Vito repair.

Upnorthw
Tinkerer
Username: Upnorthw

Post Number: 23

Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the spring on my Vito I. In the pic it's just below the viewfinder. It's located in the upper left corner of the bellows compartment. The front of the spring is attached to a notched tab. You will need to remove the shutter to get at it. Hope this helps.
WesVito I Spring

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration