Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Bilora Bella 3b Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Bilora Bella 3b « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Delta3830
Tinkerer
Username: Delta3830

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got a Bilora Bella 3b from an antique place and its in rough shape! Are there any repair resources out there? Ihaven't had luck internet searching.

The shutter spring seems to be missing... Not sure how it works, but it seems its missing some sort of spring. I THINK that when i push this little hooky thing manually inside the camera (that connects to the shutter release button) its working...but the shutter doesn't trigger.... any help?

I posted a photo of the inside. Theres also a wirey thing at the top left that I'm not sure of its purpose.

Inside Bilora Bella 3b

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 174

Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, leave the camera face down like you have it, get a can of WD-40, do not spray WD-40 into the camera, spray some WD-40 into a disposable little cap/cup then get something like an eyedropper and apply about half a drop of WD-40 to that silver thing in the lower left. Let it soak an hour. Remove the excess WD-40. Try shooting it.

If that doesn't work, then you have to open it from the front a see if the hair pin spring has sprung off or if rust is preventing the shutter from spinning.

Eskimogus
Tinkerer
Username: Eskimogus

Post Number: 51

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Probly just rust.
I have one.
I can check and post a photo if you care.

Delta3830
Tinkerer
Username: Delta3830

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Finnegan. What is that silver bit on the lower left for? Is that what triggers the shutter?

And yes, Eskimogus, could you post a photo?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration