Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Compal shutter rebuild escapement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Compal shutter rebuild escapement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kongzi
Tinkerer
Username: Kongzi

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 04:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, I made the mistake of removing the wrong screw when trying to clean up this copal shutter in an Olympus D2, as you can see it's now in bits :-(

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8535528161_f994240b4d_z.jpg

I've assembled most of the parts, re-located one spring correctly and I'm just trying to get the last spring on the right in place. I think it goes under the pallet, although I'm not sure which way round. Does any one have a diagram/experience of this shutter who might be able to help?

I'd be most grateful

Thank you.

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 282

Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remind me on Sunday, I will be home and will have a look if I have any photos shot from the right angle.
Hope you figure it out sooner though ;-)
Marek

Kongzi
Tinkerer
Username: Kongzi

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Marek thank you for the kind offer :-)

I laboured over it for a while this afternoon and managed to place the spring back where I'm fairly sure it sits. It was very, very hard work making everything stay together but the moment it all clipped back into place I was an exceptionally happy man!

I still have a slightly sticky/slow shutter and I think I've reached the limits of my tear down, I can't remove the shutter from the focusing assembly so I can't get to the blades to clean them, I may try repeatedly flushing them with some Isopropyl Alcohol and hope for the best. There doesn't seem to be any examples of a D2 repair documented on the internet :-(

Just noticed a typo in my subject, it was meant to say Copal.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration