Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 RF mirror loose Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Konica Auto S2 RF mirror loose « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stradibarrius
Tinkerer
Username: Stradibarrius

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have purchased a very clean S2 but it has a couple of problems. The yellow focus area is not visible. There was a rattle inside the RF area. I removed the top cap and there was a tiny rectangular mirror loose inside. I have no idea where it goes inside the RF...

The second problem is that the shutter will not fire. The shutter is cocked but when you press the shutter release the shutter does not fire. I understand these cameras have an issue with sticking shutter.

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 72

Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

look here for info https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/konicaautos.html , it is also useful to search the archives, there is plenty of info there

Stradibarrius
Tinkerer
Username: Stradibarrius

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 06:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have opened up the camera and re-glued the mirror and adjusted the RF for infinity focus.

I cleaned the shutter blades with lighter fluid. While gently exploring the camera I found out that if I press the shutter release several time quickly the shutter will release. Obviously there is something that is hanging up and releases when giggled some.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration