Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Lynx 14 Diaphragm Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica Lynx 14 Diaphragm « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Delvischeng
Tinkerer
Username: Delvischeng

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear All:
My Yashica Lynx 14 has a defective aperture diaphragm leave (as shown in picture). I know how to un-screw the scalloped retaining ring in the picture and reach to the shutter speed and self-timer mechanism. From there onwards I need advices from all of you how to reach to the diaphragm leave. I did read the article from Dan Mitchell and still have no idea how he separated the aperture and shutter mechanism from the focus helicoid. Is unsoldering of the wiring and removal of the whole Copal SVE from the camera body necessary? Please kindly advice me. Thanks.
image/bmpdiaphragm
yashica diaphragm.bmp (84.2 k)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 140

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did the same job on a Lynx quite some time ago, it is by no means easy, althopugh, generally speaking, vintage Yashicas are a lot more repair friendly than Canonets, for instance. Desoldering wires is highly recommended as they will break off anyway otherwise. The shutter has to be completely isolated from its housing. Look here for more instruction. Henry's article is what then guided me through that routine, the Yashica shown is not identical with, but close to the L 14 in many respects: https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/yashicalynx.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration