Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen EES-2 problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus Pen EES-2 problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve T.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I came up with an Olympus Pen, it's the little viewfinder model with a fixed 30mm 2.8 lens, not the slr model with interchangeable lenses.

The lens is loose and wobbly on the body. I have the top and bottom plate off, trying to figure out why it's loose, but so far I don't see how to fix it. Some of the parts of the lens, ASA ring, aperture ring, etc anr also loose and wobbly.

The shutter works OK, but the aperture doesn't adjust correctly, probably due to the lens being loose.

Any ideas? Thanks

charlie

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Olympus Pen D and the lens is held in place by 4 screws in the front panel. If you gently peel back the leatherette around the opening for the lens barrel on both sides you will find the screws. They were a little loose on my Pen D. Tighten them and push the leatherette back into place. Good luck.

Steve T.

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 07:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Charlie. I will try that. I hate to peel the leatherette, but if that's where the screws are, it has to be done.

John

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Steve, there is an article on PEN EES-2 repair on this very website. It's at:

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/penees2repair.html

Also, look here:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00CqUJ

If the lens assembly is loose and wobbly it could be that someone botched a repair attempt before you got it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration