Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon QL G111 17 stuck film advance l... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon QL G111 17 stuck film advance lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erin Boyd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have Canonet G111 17 that I have cleaned the viewfinder and shutter blades on, plus the lens internals using info from this site. I replaced the front element with one provided by a generous contributor to this site.

I have used the camera for well over a year and it has performed well. The lens barrel has always been a bit loose and going on info from posts in this site I decided to pull back the vynil covering, remove the two front plates and tighten the 4 screws that attach the lens to the body.

O.K. with hindsight I should have just removed 1 screw at a time, dabbed a bit of nail varnish on it and replaced it before moving on to the next. What I did do was remove all the screws and to get to the one that needs the shutter wound on a bit to gain access I refitted the wind lever with the top off the camera and wound it on half way to enable me to remove that screw, with the lens plate not secured to the camera, What has happened now is that the wind lever is stuck firmly about half way through the wind on cycle, the shutter is not cocked as there is full shutter button travel. Any suggestions as to how I can move get the wind lever functioning again?

greyhoundman

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have the cocking mechanism out of sync.
You'll have to take it back apart.
Remove the four screws, lift the lens plate, finish the wind cycle. Then put the lens plate back in place. Put the three screws that you can back in and tighten. Then wind halway and replace the other screw. Finish wind cycle and push the release. You should then be all set.

Erin Boyd

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for your accurate assessment of the problem. I have done as you advised and the camera is now working perfectly.

What a great forum this is with so many helpful and knowedgable members.

Steve

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I have a Canon FTb that has not been used in over 10 years. I put in fresh film and battery, but now the film will not advance. I use a digital these days, but really miss the features of the FTb. I am mechanically inclined and have no fear of tearing it apart, but really need to know what to look for. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration