Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Paxette super shutter clean Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Paxette super shutter clean « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

r collett

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi,
anybody know how to get into the shutter
of a paxette super with interchageable
lens,i need to clean the slow speed and self timer
mechanisms.
any help appreciated.
regards, roy

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 03:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It depends... if you have a Paxette with just one sprocket wheel you have to remove the four screws around the film gate and you can take off the lens mount. The rest is similar to other cameras.

If you have a Paxette with sprocket shaft, two screws are hidden behind it, and you have to remove the shaft. It can be removed quite easily by removing the sheet metal part on the bottom of the camera, you can pull out the inner axis (there are some small parts inside) and remove the shaft. But to install it again you have to remove the top cover. NEVER remove the screw on the advance lever! Disassemble the advance shaft from the bottom, i.e. remove the screw inside the fork shaped part and lift the advance lever assembly. Now you still have to remove some screws around the top cover and can lift it. The axis of the sprocket shaft is oval at one end and has to pass through an oval hole in a gear wheel.

Steve

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to take off the top cover to push the sprocket spindle shaft out, but have found since that the easiest way once the bottom plate is off, is just to bring the camera smartly down on to the palm of my hand and the axle just drops out.

Perhaps I have just been lucky, but I've always managed to get it back together without taking off the top-cover. It is a little while since I did it, but I think it is a question of reassembling the sprocket shaft with its spacers and the spring and plunger at the bottom and getting everything to lock together so that you can turn the sprocket spindle until its axle goes into the gear-wheel at the top.

I usually manage to lose the spring in the course of this job - always keep your thumb over the end of the hole!

r collett

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, thanks for the advice.
will give it a try.
regards, roy.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration