Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon N65 shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikon N65 shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vivkr
Tinkerer
Username: Vivkr

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

The shutter of my Nikon N65 does not open fully as the mirror does not swivel up completely and my films come out with a broad black band on developing.

I am wondering if there is a way to fix this problem, or where the exact problem lies. I can handle tools decently but I would like an opinion from you guys out there who have experience in this sort of thing. Sending it for repair will cost almost more than buying a new camera and I should like to fix it if possible.

Thanks and Regards
Vivek

Vivkr
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Here is more info on the same. I opened up the front of my camera by removing the zoom lens, and disabled the shutter. After this, I could see that the movement of the mirror was a bit stiff, and I prodded it back and forth gently until it began to move freely.

However, there is still a problem (I think). If you take a look at the pic, now the mirror has swivelled to its correct position, now exposing the place where the film ought to be. However, there is this other mirror, and it is not quite straight. I would imagine that such ought to be the case. I suspect that this misalignment happened when the camera fell once (probably) although it was still in the cover.

Please excuse my poor description of the problem. I do not know any of the terms for these components.

Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Vivek

Vivkr
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry, here's the snapsnap

Mac
Tinkerer
Username: Mac

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is called the sub-mirror and it does look out of place or broken.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration