Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen EE-s light meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus Pen EE-s light meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sérgio

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 07:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I would like to know how can I fix the light meter in my Olympus Pen EE-s.

I know the red dot comes when no light because I have seen it before. But now it just won't work even if I cover the sensor.

Can it just be a problem of the mechanism of the dot itself and my light meter is working fine?

Thank you in advance,
Sérgio

Donald Qualls

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The EEs and EEs-2 are known for sticking aperture, and the red flag is tied to the aperture (which is controlled by the selenium cell) -- so if your aperture is stuck, the red flag won't come up.

I've seen a web page about fixing the aperture in the EEs-2, which might be applicable to your EEs -- if you do a Google search on "olympus pen aperture repair" without the quotes, you should turn it up pretty quickly.

Sérgio

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow that was a quick answer! Thank you very much Donald!

I've found it, yes, and also your post on photo.net and your portfolio. I will take some time to look into it.

As the diafragm is in the same position and I haven´t seen it move I hope it's that the cause of it. I will review that tutorial, it's here btw: https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/penees2repair.html and some more I can find and get working on it.

Thank you again for your quick response,
Sérgio

Donald Qualls

Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm glad to hear yours seems to have the same, relatively easy to correct problem as mine. I haven't had time to work on mine yet, and I've gotten quite a backlog of minor repairs -- a couple 1920s vintage Compur shutters that need cleaning and possibly minor repair, an Ansco Speedex 4.5 that needs a look at the seating of the shutter on the front standard, and a couple Ricoh Singlex II bodies with problems, one of which I'm pretty confident I can fix when I find time.

Never enough time...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration